Friday, May 13, 2011

one more video...

...and amazingly enough, still about art!  Is it possible that I am being more "artist" than "raving" this month?  ... hmmm .... probably not, since those who can understand the Portuguese will find the lyrics hilarious and not devoid of irony and sarcasm.  A beautifully rendered verbal picture of artistic practice in the end of the twentieth century and beginning of the twenty first one.  The images: all of art work, some of which have at some point or another sent one group or another raving...   Back to the studio.


translation:
De-materializing the work of art of the end of the millennium
I make a painting out of hydrogen molecules
pubic hairs of an old Armenian,
spit of fly, sleeping bread, and wings of a crooked cockroach.
At first glance my concept seems to be
a neo-expressionist figurative baroque
with pinches of post surrealist art nouveaux
dressed with a revaluation of the still life.
My mother one day told me,
upon seeing my work exhibited in a gallery,
“My son, this is weirder than Jia’s ass.
It’s a lot uglier than a restless hippopotamus.”
To understand such a modern work,
it is necessary to read the second notebook,
calculate the internal raw material,
multiply by the value of the water bill, electricity and telephone.
Whirling in the fury of the cyclone
I reinvent heaven and hell.
My mother did not understand the subtext
of the dematerialized art in the present context.
Recycling the trash from the trash can,
I arrive at a pleasant esthetic result
with the grace of god and Basquiat.
New York, wait for me I’ll be right there.
I’ll do graffiti with oil of dendê and vatapá,
and a psychadelia from Bahia.
I’ll mix in a widow’s petticoat
with Pepsi and grape Fanta lids
and a chamber pot with waters of the last rain
with ampoules of penicillin.
De-materializing the material
with arteries pulsating with art
I inflame the ice in Siberia
and even make it snow in Teresina.
With the flash of Silibrina’s lightning bolt
I disintegrate the power of bacteria.

1 comment: