Friday, October 14, 2011

a clear case of dick sucking

Blue Collar Trade School

I've always loved a lot of Ed Ruscha's work.  Just the other day I was commenting to friends, while discussing the merits of attending "visiting artist" lectures, on how a no-nonsense kind of guy he seemed to be when I saw him speak at the Hirshhorn once upon a time.  Then, I didn't think I got much insight into his work from his lecture; today, I think my memories of the lecture make sense in light of the work and vice versa.  This interview (Ed Ruscha, The Golden State: an interview with Bob Monk; AIA Oct 2011) however is a true waste of time, paper and eyesight.  There is no insight to be had.  It's a clear case of one guy sucking up to another one who is not giving away much of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment