Sunday, December 28, 2014

Lessons in Perspective continued in Greenville South Carolina

subtitle: Lessons in Human Anatomy (NOT)
or alternatively: It's So Wrong It's Right!

This blog is a continuation of my blog from July, 2011 "A lesson in Perspective from Ai Wei Wei"  in which I appropriated his act of photographing a certain gesture in front of world famous sites.  Here, I return to have fun at a site fraught with significance for me, well maybe no longer so fraught, and certainly a lot less famous.

I would not be revisiting it had I not driven by it the other day only to encounter a new bronze abomination in a city filled with them.  Per square meter, more bronze is wasted in Greenville SC than in any other city in the world; this alone makes it deserving of universal fame (I heard this puppy cost more than 200 thousand dollars to erect).  As I zipped around the traffic circle in my car, I found myself laughing with glee; and I knew then that whatever connection I had to the place was long gone, and it felt so very good.  I decided to return on foot and commemorate that feeling with one more "lesson in perspective".  





No comments:

Post a Comment