Friday, December 18, 2009

I wish I could be this beautiful


Dear ATC,

Thanks for airing Frank Langfitt’s story about laid off furniture workers in North Carolina.   I live in South Carolina, and a story about the evaporation of manufacturing jobs is, unfortunately, not new in these parts.  I was touched by the stories of all three people Langfitt showcased in his report; but it was Bill Curtis’ story that touched me the most.  His story, his insights, his personality, and the philosophy of life that he surely has but did not voice reminded me most about what it is that I like about this place: its people.  He surely does not represent them all, but he reminds me of a lot of them.  What a beautiful and elevating soul.  And what a sad story this one of major economic and industrial shifts.

Thanks again,
Katya

No comments:

Post a Comment