Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pet Peeve of ALL TIMES

No, my greatest pet peeve of all times is not the redesign of Art In America, which seems to have been done by people who never held a printed page in their lives, and which ranks high on my list of pet peeves.  My greatest pet peeve of all times is the invention of the bloody seedless watermelon!!!!!  

As can be seen in the above photograph, seedless watermelons aren’t really seedless. Instead of having big juicy seeds that you can actually spit out, they have immature seeds that you have to ingest and that get stuck in between your teeth.  

Genetic engineers with nothing better to do (like maybe genetically engineer themselves off of this planet) have succeeded in manipulating one of my favorite fruits into remaining immature even though it looks ripe.  Hell, visual artist or not, I don’t eat with my eyes only!  With the, perhaps well-founded, assumption that Americans have become too lazy to spit out fruit seeds, they have given us a fruit that is always green even though it looks red; a fruit that goes from being immature to being rotten without ever being ripe.  Gee, thanks.

 

2 comments: