Thursday, September 3, 2009

part and parcel

Woke up this morning, got on my bike; and for the first time in months, it was cold. Well, most people would call it “lovely”: a dry cool sunny morning. But to me, it is just one of the many harbingers of winter, like the tired green color that the leaves acquire at this time of the year. That dark and leathery green reminiscent of so much tattooed skin one sees these days. I HATE WINTER. There, I’ve said it.

Another thing I hate is when people insist on telling me how nice it is to have season changes. They say it in a moralistic way that implies that those of us who would like nothing better than to live in an eternal summer are somehow lacking in moral fiber. I could give a fuck about season changes. Well, from an ecological point of view, I understand that life on earth would not be possible if there were no season changes, they’re part and parcel of how this planet functions; but that “don’t” mean I have to like it.

If I could move my life (not my “body”, my “life”) to the Tropics, I would do it in a New York minute. Unfortunately, my life also seems to be part and parcel of this so called “moderate climate” environment. ...Time to find my fucking sweaters and start wearing pants... ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment