Wednesday, October 20, 2010

a rare moment of optimism


Although I have lived in Clemson way too long, and some days can't wait to leave it, there are things about living in this cultural desert that can't be beat.  Taking a less-than-a-minute drive from my house to a "not a chain" auto parts store where the owners and employees are extra friendly and change your battery in no time flat is certainly one of them.  Another is being in the parking lot of said auto parts store and having my car mechanic drive by and yell to the man taking care of me to take extra good care of me.  Already with a warm feeling in my heart, and after cranking my brand new battery and backing out of my space, I saw a van with a sticker that said Republicans for Sheehan (Sheehan being  "not Nikki Tea Party Haley" and a democrat to boot) on it.  I left the place buoyant and thinking about all the things I like about this  place .

No comments:

Post a Comment