Tuesday, September 29, 2009

sometimes I lie



I have vilified autumn on these pages in a futile attempt to magically preempt the end of summer.  I have failed, but that's alright.  There is truly nothing like a beautiful early fall day, clean and crisp like the sound fine crystal makes when tapped.  An intense clarity so different than that of spring, which comes full of promise.  Fall days don't promise anything, they are self-assuredly present. Their warmth mellow like a good wine. Today was a good day to be.

...and to look for sunny spots in all the right



and all the wrong



places

3 comments:

  1. and do I ever! one day I'll have to wax poetic about these creatures who, after years of living with them, I am convinced are complete aliens (-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall! It's lifeblood in a manner of speaking. up here in the catskills fall has become the most violently (wonderfully) present thing, overnight--it's enjoyable, in any case. global warming is fun!

    ReplyDelete