Tuesday, November 9, 2010

small talk


















So... I went down to the Dixie Drugstore to get my prescription pills... which I had called in on Sunday for myself and for Mr. Scruffy.

I gave lovely Fiona my name and she picked up the pills in bin C under Cohen.  As she was indicating that I sign the "prescription booklet" that all pharmacies here have us sign for some redundant bureaucratic reason or another, she looked at the scripts and asked, "Are you picking up the pills for your cat as well?"

Strung together thusly, the words do indeed make up a sentence; but the sentence makes no sense.  As I smile instinctively when things twist my mind, I smiled and said, "Sure, why not, he doesn't have time to come over to pick them up today." 

Without smiling, Fiona kept scanning my purchases on the cash register. ... Busy day at the Dixie Drugstore (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment